Saturday, September 11, 2010

Some of my favorite quotes.

So, I'm aware I just posted this on facebook. But, because these are so awesome, they deserve a DOUBLE POST! <3 So, yeah. Here you go, some of the best quotes EVER.


"Things are pretty, graceful, rich, elegant, handsome, but, until they speak to the imagination, not yet beautiful."- Emerson




"Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful." -Buddha



"I am involved in a freedom ride protesting the loss of the minority rights belonging to the few remaining earthbound stars. All we demanded was our right to twinkle." -Marilyn Monroe



"I don't mind making jokes, but I don't want to look like one." -Marilyn Monroe



"If I'd observed all the rules, I'd never have got anywhere."- Marilyn Monroe



"I never worry about diets. The only carrots that interest me are the number you get in a diamond." -Mae West



"If I asked for a cup of coffee, someone would search for the double meaning." -Mae West



"The earth has music for those who listen."- William Shakespeare



"Tell me whom you love and I will tell you who you are." -Houssaye



"A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous." -Ingrid Bergman



"A poem begins as a lump in the throat, a sense of wrong, a homesickness, a lovesickness." -Robert Frost



"Don't grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form." -Rumi



"Let the beauty of what you love be what you do." -Rumi



"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet." -Rumi



Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing

and rightdoing there is a field.

I'll meet you there.

When the soul lies down in that grass

the world is too full to talk about." - Mawlana Jalal-al-Din Rumi



"The minute I heard my first love story,

I started looking for you, not knowing

how blind that was.

Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.

They're in each other all along." -Mawlana Jalal-al-Din Rumi (The Illuminated Rumi)



"You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life?" -Mawlana Jalal-al-Din Rumi



"Dance, when you're broken open. Dance, if you've torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you're perfectly free." - Mawlana Jalal-al-Din Rumi



"In your light I learn how to love. In your beauty, how to make poems. You dance inside my chest where no-one sees you, but sometimes I do, and that sight becomes this art." -Mawlana Jalal-al-Din Rumi



"Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment." - Mawlana Jalal-al-Din Rumi



"Two there are who are never satisfied -- the lover of the world and the lover of knowledge." -Mawlana Jalal-al-Din Rumi (El Masnavi)



"I want to sing like the birds sing, not worrying about who hears or what they think." -Mawlana Jalal-al-Din Rumi



"Who could be so lucky? Who comes to a lake for water and sees the reflection of moon." - Mawlana Jalal-al-Din Rumi



"Reason is powerless in the expression of Love." - Mawlana Jalal-al-Din Rumi



"Everything in the universe is within you. Ask all from yourself." -Mawlana Jalal-al-Din Rumi



"The universe and the light of the stars come through me." -Mawlana Jalal-al-Din Rumi



"Let the lover be disgraceful, crazy, absentminded. Someone sober will worry about things going badly. Let the lover be. " - Mawlana Jalal-al-Din Rumi (Essential Rumi)



"Here is a relationship booster

that is guaranteed to

work:

Every time your spouse or lover says something stupid

make your eyes light up as if you

just heard something

brilliant." -Mawlana Jalal-al-Din Rumi



"Because I cannot sleep i make music in the night" - Mawlana Jalal-al-Din Rumi



"Listen; there's a hell of a good universe next door: let's go." -Mawlana Jalal-al-Din Rumi



"Inspiration comes in the middle of the night when you should be doing homework."- Amy Lee



"If I play a stupid girl and ask a stupid question, I've got to follow it through- what am I supposed to do, look intelligent?" - Marilyn Monroe



"You can love someone so much...But you can never love people as much as you can miss them." -John Green



"Anything that happens all at once is just as likely to unhappen all at once." John Green (Will Grayson, Will Grayson)



"Some people have lives; some people have music." -John Green

No comments:

Post a Comment