Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Love Letter To Someone Who Used to Be Somebody, But Now They're Just Nobody.

Because I am far too lazy to actually write a blog today off the top of my head, after having been at school for something like 13 hours, what I am typing now was written in the past- maybe 4 years ago, maybe two months ago, maybe some time in between. This is where the not-honesty part comes in. I will say that the irony in this is that I was right on every count, and also wrong on every count. Oh well. It sure sounds pretty. My love letter to nobody:
I see you. I'm looking at you from across the room, sneaking glances when I think you aren't looking.I'm hiding this note from the people sitting around me, even though there aren't any names on it, even though nobody could ever guess who it's about unless they knew me well enough to read my mind. Haha, that's a joke though. No one knows me that well- no one ever does. But still- if someone reads it, it might break the spell. I lied when I said that shirt looks especially good on you. Everything looks good on you- there has ceased to be an 'especially' when it comes to you. I can't belive it; it shouldn't be possible how magical you are. The artifical lights are out, and the sun from the small window behind you is hitting your face at an angle, lighting up half of your beautiful features- the planes of the face, the color of your eyes, the shine of your hair. Half of your face is in the shadows, but instead of taking away from your incomprehensible otherworldliness, it adds depth and meaning to your face... and god, you're beautiful. All I want is to be back on the couch all snuggled up to you where I can listen to you breathing and feel your heartbeat. And I'm so scared. I'm terrified, really. I don't want this to end. I don't want this to turn out like everything else, all screwed up and me wishing it never happened. I want to listen to you talk, to hear your opinion on every little thing and never get bored. I want to make you happy and cheer you up when you're having a bad day. I want you to hold my hand when I want to cry. I want to see you smile and feel my soul fly. I want months and months and months of stupid movies curled up on the couch together ahead of us. Really, I want an 'us' period. I think that simply being in your orbit, simply knowing you exist is enough to give me enough hope to at least try to get through this crazy thing called life, at least for a little while. I can't explain it to you, it just is. I'm around you, and I'm the person I want to be. I look at you, and I can't see anything else. I hear your voice, and my favorite song sounds flat and emotionless by comparison. I'm next to you, and there's nowhere else in the world I'd rather be. I hope that one day, I can give you at least part of the happiness you've given me.
Sincerely,
nobody, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment