Friday, September 17, 2010

A letter about nobody.

Yes, THAT nobody. All good things must come to an end (not really, but this one did) and every love letter gets a breakup letter to counteract it, until it doesn't. So, yes, this is about my dearest nobody, sent to a friend who was going through a breakup at that time as well and thought I didn't understand what he was going through. NOTE: It didn't take me four years, and it didn't take the friend four years. so, chin up everyone. keep moving, keep living, and you will live. <3

I don't get your situation? You don't know how well I get your situation. Trust me. There's a whole long story that I could use to prove it to you, but I won't go there because it doesn't matter anymore. But I know. I know that it can hurt so badly every time you see their face that you can't breathe, and you almost want to just curl up in a ball and die because you can't have them anymore and all you want to do is be next to them and everything be perfect again. You fall asleep thinking about them and when you wake up and remember that they aren't there anymore, you hurt all over again. When you revisit the site of the first kiss over and over again just to replay it in your mind and hurt some more. And you torture yourself with thoughts of what could have been and find a thousand new ways for your heart to break every day. I KNOW. But I also know this is highschool. And it won't last forever. Even if I have to deal with it every single day for the next four years. I will eventually be in college, thousands of miles away from him where I can't think about it. Because as much as it would hurt, it would be better than having to live with him ignoring me and me wishing I could change his mind. Because as much as I want to change his mind, I know I can't. And if I think I'm going to be stuck like this forever, I feel like it's not even worth getting out of bed in the morning. I have to have something to get me through the day, and if that's the future, so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment