Saturday, September 18, 2010

I am so drugged out

on migrane medication, I really don't even know what I'm typing right now. I hate these, but they keep me from ripping my head off to aviod the pain, so I guess I'll live with them. I had to take them before vacay too, and two this month seems rather unfair, but it is what it is. But seriously guys, I'm loopy. So take anything I say with that in mind. I had a few alright topics in mind to blog about from my week in Orlando, but they all seem too philosophical for druggy me. But to give you a small glimpse at what is to come, a few of the ideas were 'time', 'growing', 'the seven spiritual laws of success', and ' your purpose in life'. Hah, yeah right, my brain is in no shape to process any of those. SO instead, I am going to let you read the first little part of a story I've been trying to write for about a year now. I have to plotline and everything, but lack the motivation to make it into an honest to Buddha story. So if any of you like it, and want to know what happens, hop on my case about finishing it. Haha. If not, enjoy this here snippet:

Trey stared deep into Jenna's big brown eyes, pleading silently with his own blue-green ones, continuing the argument that had been going on for several weeks now.
"Babe, please? It'll only be for the summer, and I'll be back long before the wedding. This is the last trip I can take with Skye and it still be considered 'appropriate'." he begged.
"We're engaged." she insisted. "It's not appropriate now."
"Jenna, she's my best friend. She has been since we were in MIDDLE SCHOOL! Do you really blame her for wanting one last trip with me before I go off, get married, and move to London, leaving her here to fend for herself?" Trey cajoled, trying to appeal to Jenna's sympathy.
"We both know good and well that Skye is perfectly capable of 'fending for herself'. That blonde mantrap just wants you to herself so she can change your mind about the engagement." Jenna sniffed. "She's hated me since the beginning."
Trey mentally laughed before answering, knowing that Jenna wouldn't have even known the line 'blonde mantrap' if it weren't for Skye. It was from Skye's favorite movie of all time, Gentleman Prefer Blondes. Skye was the one who made him sit down and show it to Jenna to begin with. But just as fast as the moment of good humor came, it was gone, being replaced by a cloud of annoyance.
"Jenna! We. are. just. FRIENDS. Skye's practically a sister!" he practically shouted. "And she never hated you, not until you acted all jealous and gave her a reason to!" He sighed, putting his hand to his face. He knew if he wanted to change Jenna's mind that listing her flaws and Skye's virtues was not the way to do it.
"Besides," he murmered, sliding his hands around her waist, "Do you think she could change my mind even if she wanted to?" He smiled his mischevious simle, the one he knew she loved, and turned on the full force of his eyes. He leaned in, inches away from her face, and whispered "I love you, Jenna. Nothing can change that." He finally closed the last bit of a gap, softly and persuasively pressing his mouth to hers. After a second, he pulled away and whispered, "Please?" into her ear.
"Arghhhhhh!" she growled pushing him away, her face a mask of annoyance and adoration. "Fine, fine, do whatever you want!"
"Are you sure?" he asked, triumphant and teasing. "I wouldn't want to upset you..."
"No! I want you to go!" she muttered irritably, rolling her eyes. "Whatever makes you happy."
"Thank you babe!" he exclaimed, smiling from ear to ear as he swooped her up in his arms and kissed her again, but this time more passionately and longer.
"Put me down!" She exclaimed breaking away from the kiss. She was trying to act like she was still annoyed, but the fact that she was laughing now meant that she was going to let him take the trip.
"I'll call you every night, and be home before you know it." he winked. "Now I'm going to go call Skye and make plans, and you can go pick out a pretty little white dress."
Jenna smiled widely. "Hey, since you're gonna be gone with Skye, is it okay if I have Matt over to spend a few days? He's really upset that Summer broke up with him, and I was hoping I could help cheer him up."
"Of course, babe. I know I can trust you." he said, winking. "See? I didn't make you beg yourself prideless."
Jenna smacked him, smiling. "Shut up, I'm letting you go, aren't I?"
Trey smiled at her, and pushed her onto the bed, tickling her. Jenna shrieked and giggled, and when he finally stopped, he pulled her against him and kissed her forehead. "Love you Jen."
She stared up at him, smiling. "Love you too." She snuggled into his chest, and then gently fell asleep against him, listening to his strong heartbeat.
***
Trey sped down the long gravel driveway, and pulled the car to a stop in front of a uniformly tan house in the middle of five acres of woods. He threw his car door open and jumped out, exclaiming, "Skye! I can go!"
The girl laying on a lawnchair sunning in the driveway sat up, her blonde layers disheveled from laying down, and took off her sunglasses. The turquoise of her swimsuit accentuated her striking blue eyes perfectly, and a huge smile lit up her face.
"Really?" she gasped. "How'd you convince the wombat?" Skye giggled.
"Don't call her that." Try said automatically, and dismissively, as if he'd already said it a thousand times before, which, if he was honest with himself, it was probably more along the lines of a million. "I just turned on the charm." He winked at her, and she rolled her eyes.
"Because you couldn't have thought of that back in June, when I first got the idea?" she said, standing up and stretching like a cat.
"Hmph. Brat." he narrowed his eyes at her playfully.
She giggled again, skipping over to him and hugging him. "But that's why you looove me!"
Trey could smell the cocunut scented oil she had put on in an effort to tan, and he pulled away, tousling her hair. "More like in spite of it."
Skye stuck her tongue out, then poked him in the side, making him jump. He yelped, and she made a face.
"I swear, you make the most awkward noises."

No comments:

Post a Comment