Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Should I Sing the Descant, or be a Good Example?? // Good Boys/Girls in Henry County versus True Beauty

AUGUST 30
So, I have found my most recent ally in William- I think we can make it through this year together. We're both members of the Spivey Hall Children's Choir. For various reasons (financial for me, not sure about him), we had to move from the part of the choir that tours to the part of the choir that well, doesn't. It's been one heck of a transition. Of course we're nostalgic, and we miss all of our friends in tour choir, but I think we're happy to have someone else to share the experience with.  It's pretty legit- Spivey is a beautiful place full of beautiful personalities, where we make beautiful music, and it is such an honor for me to be a part of it. Dr. Shaw is one of my heroes. She directs the choir, and throughout my many years with her, she's taught me so many important lessons, from going ahead and hitting the deer, to kindness, to personal greatness, to how to act in a college interview. (I'm Serious.... 'everything i need to know i learned in childern's choir'. period.) She is such an amazing lady, and I am proud to call her my adopted mom. <3  I hope to enjoy the rest of my amazing Mondays in that amazing choir.

AUGUST 31
I am SO SICK of my friends basing their self image off of some guy or girl they like!! It's maddening to see my best friend sell herself short just because she wouldn't compromise her ideals, or my other wonderful friend down on himself because the girl he likes isn't smart enough to return the sentiment. And then there's the mass amount of friends I have who are convinced that something is wrong with them JUST because they aren't in a relationship. I've just about had it. I can see how beautiful, and smart, and wonderful and talented and amazing and god knows how many other adjectives these people are, and yet they still think they aren't good enough. It breaks my heart, really and truly. Please, I'd like to send a message to all of you who base your self esteem on someone else, it's NOT WORTH IT. You are a wonderful, whole person. Why do you want a 'soul mate' anyway? To quote Naomi and Eli's NO Kiss List, "I don't want half a shared soul. I want my own damn soul." And to be completely legit, Henry County is kind of a fail. There aren't many people here who can truly appreciate what's in front of them. As for me? I'm taking to one of my best friends, and that's how it should be. I was happy by myself as a complete person, and he enriches my life. It's like an outfit- he's the diamond earrings. They're GREAT, but I have to wear other things to. I just beg you to be comfortable with yourself, and love yourself. You can do so many wonderful things. And when your special someone comes along and knocks you off your feet (and they will, I promise), let them enrich your life- don't let them BE it. You owe it to yourself and them- You aren't half of the same piece, you're complimentary beautiful items on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment