Friday, July 1, 2011

YAY~~ blogger works on my computer again. (:

and i intend to start blogging regularly again... or at least try to. It's important to me to be able to have a release- i tend to bottle emotions until i can't take it anymore, and that... well, sucks. plus, it makes me feel important to share my day with my hypothetical readers. the fact that nobody ACTUALLY reads this isn't really a deterrent to me- a hypothetical audience will never judge me. (:  so i'm still going to write like i'm talking to hundreds of people. so. onto the actual blogging. i got to hang out with one of my fantastic friends today. he told me all about his month long trip to france and germany, which seemed incredible. if i go missing, i'm backpacking through europe. <3 then, i got home, and i've been in bed reading ever since. hey, i have 10 library books to get through. (which if you know me at all, is nothing. they'll be finished before the week is.) the best so far is called 'nothing'. it's by janne teller, and it's thought provoking and philosophical and terrifying all at once- perfect for the thunderstorm going on outside my window. <3 but, with all this lying in bed reading, i've come to realize that lazy days are the best- bruno mars knows what he's talking about.  even if i can't afford to take more than one every six months or so- too much to do. college to prepare for, exercising to do, boyfriend and friends to hang out with. etc. but nice when they happen. on a side note- i was loking through my old computer documents and found some poetry we had to write for english last year. i worked with a partner, tianna (see her blog here: http://inmyskin95.blogspot.com/ ) and going back reading these, they seem pretty legit. (: so, here they are, for your enjoyment. the first one, we had to personify... something. we picked wind, because this poem could be a metaphor as well.

Evil Wind
The wind is out to get me
He’s beating at my door
His hands are tearing at my house
He’s always wanting more
The wind screams past my window
My terror is his glee
But my house is well secured
And he won’t get to me

and for the second one, we had to write 'stopping by woods on a snowy evening' from a different point of view. seeing as we both have a flair for the soap opera dramatics, this was from th view of someone who was depressed.

Stopping by the Woods On A Snowy Evening
Whose woods are these I think I know
To reach his home is far to go
He will not see me disappear
To stand amidst the ice and sorrow

My somber horse, although sincere
Must be aware there’s nothing here
But water, woods, silent ache
The darkest evening of the year

He shakes his bells, the night awakes
that I am here is no mistake 
My heart feels nothing, long asleep
But healing wind and soothing flake

These woods my secrets long will keep
But I have promises to keep
And I no longer want to sleep 
And I no longer want to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment