Monday, November 8, 2010

A Kara Key

Okay, so it's recently come to my attention that I may use a few phrases and words that are so odd that people my not always get what I'm referring to. Thus, this key. Will probably be added to as my slang favorites expand.

Legit- We'll start easy, as this is probably the most common 'strange' word. By no means exclusive to me, I picked this one up last summer and have been addicted ever since. Sometimes elongated to it's full "Legitimate", it's not what it seems. There's a high probability that you know the real definition of this word (as "real, not fake"), but the way I use it basically means cool. Your shoes are so legit, that story was so legitimate. easy.

Du bist ein schloss- you are a castle. it's either an insult or a compliment, use it in context.


My Bubble- it's pink, it sparkles, and it's hypothetical. but it's the barrier that i toss up between me and the person next to me, because i have ISSUES WITH PEOPLE GETTING IN MY PERSONAL SPACE. VIP only. Period, point blank. You will be able to tell if you're violating it, I'll either get fidgety and uncomfortable or just plain pissy.

Peachy- for all technical purposes, this word is SUPPOSED to mean, awesome, perfect. "You know,  how are things going?" "peachy! :) " but since I only use this word when I am in 'high sarcasm' mode, it usually means, well, crap. "you have 50 math problems to do for homework." "...peachy. *rolls eyes*"

Take an adventure- seriously. adventure doesn't mean hijack a car and drive to new york. take an adventure means to go explore something new- like an idea or a place or whatever really. it generally involves a high ammount of creativity.

wombat- not frequently used, but picked up from one of my mother's highschool friends, it's meant to be a devastating insult. usually against cranky, unfair, ignorant people, and generally a feminine term, a male wombat just doesn't sound right. "she gave me detention for no reason! what a WOMBAT!"

lexical gap- i shout this out randomly when I find one. but, if you've read my previous blogs, you'll see this one. it's a phrase for when there should be a word for something, but there isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment